1. The writing sample is an important part of your application. Please take this opportunity to demonstrate your ability to communicate at a graduate level. Spelling, word usage, and mechanics will be evaluated.
2. Make certain you have a logical sequence of thought. One paragraph is not long enough to develop your ideas.
3. The use of reference materials, including dictionaries, encyclopedias, and web resources is prohibited. The essay should demonstrate your own ability to articulate thought and reason. The use of another person’s material will be considered plagiarism and is prohibited.
4. Your essay should be typed and double-spaced with 12 point font and 1” margins.
5. Please incorporate all essay objectives throughout the body of your essay.